Dean Eugene Davenport mobilized the state’s agricultural interests to put the College of Agriculture on firm footing with a $150,000 appropriation for a building. The Funk Bill, promising more funding and an appropriation for the agricultural building, was passed against the wishes of President Draper. In 1900, the construction of a new College of Agriculture Building, later renamed Davenport Hall, contributed to the growth and expansion of the College.
Submitted by troy on Mon, 2016-11-07 19:07
Mar 02, 1899
Colleges and Schools: