A model farm house was constructed on the campus experiment station and came to be known as Mumford House. Professor Thomas J. Burrill was the first resident, and the house was later occupied by three deans of agriculture, George E. Morrow, Eugene Davenport, and Herbert W. Mumford. It is the oldest remaining structure on the University of Illinois campus and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Submitted by troy on Mon, 2016-11-07 18:45
Jan 05, 1870
Colleges and Schools: