In 1946, Professor William J. Fry founded the Bioacoustics Laboratory (now the Bioacoustics Research Laboratory) and began conducting pioneering research in the use of ultrasound as a noninvasive surgical tool. During the 1960s, Fry expanded his research focus to include the use of ultrasound as a visualization tool which, in conjunction with computers and other advanced electronics, could yield accurate images of tissue structure. The safe, convenient, high-quality ultrasound imaging so common today is a direct result of work carried out by Fry and colleagues.
Submitted by troy on Mon, 2016-10-03 21:30
Jan 01, 1946
Colleges and Schools: