In 1956 the Department of Mathematics made Altgeld Hall their permanent home. The final addition, constructed in 1956-57, created classrooms along the east side of the building, resulting in the blocking of many windows of the original structure and the enclosure of the East Reading Room. The skylight that had been over the stained glass dome was also removed at that time.
Submitted by timekeep on Mon, 2015-08-31 00:59
Jan 01, 1956
Colleges and Schools: